Hi. Welcome to my world. A world in which Radar Magazine does not exist.
It will cost about $1500 to cover just the last day of the campaign, and over $1000 a day for each day leading up to it. While I still blog for TIME's "Swampland" * -- and I will for as long as they let me! -- I am without a source for travel funds.
So, you know, anyone interested in sponsoring a foul-mouthed blogger, slightly used? I have come up with the following pledge drive bonuses! Rewards are cumulative.
- Anything: Good karma, knowledge that sometimes merit is rewarded. If not in this particular case.
- Over $10: A personal thank-you email (please include your email in "instructions for seller")
- Over $50: A personal thank-you phone call (please include your phone number in "instructions for seller")
- Over $100: My instant message screen name, regular personal updates via email and/or instant messages on election night
- Over $250: I will ask a senior McCain adviser the question of your choosing and send you the MP3 audio of the exchange
- Over $500: Phone call from McCain headquarters on election night, detailing hilarious antics sure to ensue
- Over $1000: One-on-one post-election dinner debrief
I also have for sale a half-finished article on "The Last Days of the McCain Campaign," full of chewy, insidery goodness. Word rate negotiable!
Click below, hit the tip jar, whatever seems like justice to you.